In 1973 Andrew Cherng opens the first Panda Inn in Pasadena, Calif., with his father, Master Chef Ming-Tsai Cherng. You can say they were pioneers in the Chinese food industry as Panda Inn was one of the first restaurants to introduce the robust flavors of Mandarin and Szechuan cuisine to Southern California.
It wasn't until 10 years later, 1983, when Andrew opened up a new concept style fast food version of Panda at the Glendale Galleria mall in Glendale, California that their Panda brand started to grow.
In 1991, after numerous locations were opened up at malls and grocery stores, they opened up their first street location in Long Beach, California. In 1993 they celebrated the opening of their 100th store.
In 2011, they now own and operate over 1,510 locations across the USA and opened up their first store internationally in Mexico.
Why work at Panda? Panda's mission is "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives". To achieve their mission, their actions are guided by 5 values.
They identify opportunities for growth and lead others to create the future we envision.
Respect / Win-Win
They treat each other with respect and seek "win-win" relationships with Guests, business partners and our communities.
For Panda to grow, they must each learn and grow. They are humble and open to new ideas as their world is constantly changing.
Great operations is a competitive advantage, both in their restaurants and support center.
They give their time and resources to support each other and their communities
Panda job benefits:
Panda respects and acknowledges the relationship between your personal and the company's well-being, so they offer all associates the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay and Excellent Bonus Opportunity
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company match
- Associate Discounts (Panda Express, Hibachi San, Panda Inn plus Theme Parks, 24-Hour Fitness Membership)
- Lucrative Associate Referral Bonus
- In addition, Management and Support Center Exempt associates receive:
- Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance (offered to eligible Associates)
- Voluntary Life Insurance (offered to eligible Associates)
Panda Express application online-
Panda Express jobs & careers- click here
For Advertising, please contact Jobler.com