In 1837 Charles Tiffany and Teddy Young opened their first store. At the time the store operated as a “stationary and fancy goods emporium.” Named Tiffany, Young, and Ellis they specialized in a wide variety of stationary items.
In 1853 Charles Tiffany took control of the company and shortened the name to Tiffany and Co. It was at this time he decided to focus on selling jewelry above all other merchandise. In 1945 they started printing their now famous catalog the Blue Book. They also supplied the Union Army with swards, flags, and surgical implements.
Today the firm also makes the Lombardi trophy that is issued each year to the winner of the Super Bowl.
When it comes to working at their retail stores they want sales professionals the can assist their customers with picking out the right gift. You need to have excellent listening skills so that you can find the piece that will meet your customer’s needs. You need to be able to tap into your creative skills because sometimes you have to think outside the box when it comes to finding the perfect gift. You will also be responsible for developing and managing new sales opportunities and create lasting relationships with your clients.
You don’t have to be a sales person to work at one of their retail locations though; you can work as one of their operational staff. Here you’ll be required to assist customers in post-sales service and you might have to help them while they are on the sales floor.
Tiffany & Co job benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision for full-time and part-time employees - includes 100% preventative medical coverage and generous cost-sharing
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs - from adoption assistance to legal and financial resources
- Wellness Support - including smoking cessation programs, fitness reimbursement (up to $450 annually less tax withholdings), yoga classes and more
- Disability Benefits, and personal leave and return-to-work programs
- Survivor Protection Plans - including life insurance and long-term disability
- Sick Pay and Bereavement Days
- Defined contribution retirement benefit
- 401(k) Program - tax-favored retirement savings account with potential for company match
- Access to professional financial advisors
- Shares of Tiffany & Co. common stock when the Company meets certain profit goals
- Employee Purchase Program - generous discounts on Tiffany merchandise
- Charles Lewis Tiffany Award for Excellence - recognizes employees who demonstrate performance excellence
- Milestones - special Tiffany gifts to acknowledge employment anniversaries, marriage, the birth or adoption of a child and retirement
- Employee Giving Program - Tiffany offers a monetary match when you give either your time or money to charities of your choice for up to $1,000 annually
- Camaraderie and Team Building - bringing employees together for fun and relationship-building through volunteer work, social events, marathons and more
- Tuition reimbursement and forgivable loan program for continuing education
- Time Off - vacation and personal days
Security officers are also a must, as there are many high priced items available in the stores. As a security officer you will be responsible for the safety of the store merchandise, employees, and the customers.
Remember, with all things in life, you MUST take action! You MUST stay persistent in order to accomplish your goals in finding work.
It's all about taking advantage of all your resource, and today you have the internet on your side!
Apply for jobs online and stay focused on your goals!