Tim Hortons inc. is a multinational fast food restaurant based in Canada. With over 4500 restaurants, it is the largest fast food restaurant in the country.
It was founded in May 1964 in Hamilton, Ontario. Since then it has had many aliases such as; The TDL Group, Tim Donuts Limited, and Tim Horton Donuts.
After an initial undertaking in hamburger restaurants, the Canadian Hockey player Miles G. Tim Horton and Jim Charade founded the company. They partnered with a former police constable, Ron Joyce, in 1967.
This partnership played a very significant role in growing Tim Hortons into what it is today.
Ron Joyce took over the Donut Shop after Tim Hortons’ untimely death in an auto crash in 1974. He aggressively expanded it, driving small chains and independent Donut Shops out of business.
Tim Hortons Menu
The restaurant offers a variety of nutritious fast foods including snacks, cold and hot beverages, paninis, bagels and cream cheese, sandwiches, and baked goods. Mcdonalds is still the reigning champ in terms of popularity, but in Canada, Tim Hortons is the king.
But above all these delicious food items, it specializes in coffee and donuts. Their premium fresh cup of coffee comes in a number of varieties and tastes such as the original blend, dark roast coffee, take home coffee, and decaf.
To perfectly compliment the fresh pot of premium coffee is their nutritious donuts available in dozens, half-dozens, and singles. They have a wide selection of these, varying from one restaurant to the next, the most common including Apple Fritter, Chocolate Dip, donut holes called Timbits, and Honey Dip among others.
Tim Hortons job positions
The most common job openings include:
1. Order selector
3. Counter attendant (day and night)
4.Food service assistant
5. Delivery driver
6. Material handler
7. Relief order selector
8. Food service supervisor
9. Counter help
5 Reasons to work at Tim Hortons
If not for the generous employee benefits, these are the reasons why one should work at Tim Hortons.
1. ) Ideal work-life balance
2.) Flexible hours and schedule
3.) A perfect work environment enhanced by proper management
4.) Employees are given advancement opportunities
5.) Comprehensive training for new employees and unbiased and frequent recognition programs and incentives.
Tim Hortons employee job benefits
At Tim Hortons, working is an experience just as good as eating. Backed by a number of employee review sites such as Indeed and Glassdoor, below are the benefits of being an employee at Tim Hortons. Find more info on work hours in Canada here.
- Health benefits – The Company covers part of the cost of the employees’ health care plan after six months of consecutive employment, subject to eligibility.
- Dental benefits are also available if you work 30 hours per week on average.
- While on the job you get 50% off every food you buy 15 minutes before and after the shift. You can have fountain drinks and regular free coffee at no cost during your shift.
- One becomes qualified for a paid vacation after working for one consecutive year.
- Employees working a 6-hour shift are allowed a 30-minute unpaid break.
- There is a Tim Horton’s scholarship program for employees and their families, subject to eligibility.
- The shoes for crews program pays 50% up to $17.00 on purchase of slip resistant shoes.
Tim Hortons Application Online
Tim Hortons jobs & careers- click here