Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) was founded by Harland Sanders in Corbin, Kentucky. He started out as a small restaurant called "Sanders Court & Cafe" in the front room of a gas station. The year was 1930.
Many years later and through a chain of events including Sanders hitting the road for many years selling his secret recipe chicken and opening up little franchises all over the USA, Canada, and the first one in the UK, he would sell his interest in his company for $2 million dollars in 1964, but remain a public spokesman for the company.
In 1966 Kentucky Fried Chicken becomes a publicly traded company.
Today, KFC is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain known as Kentucky Fried Chicken and mostly famous for the founders "original recipe."
Every day, nearly eight million customers are served around the world so needless to say, they are hiring nationwide (actually worldwide) everyday.
KFC jobs are in abundance and has more than 11,000 restaurants in more than 80 countries and territories around the world.
Here's a great KFC commercial with professional motocross star Bryce Hudson takes the Go Cup to a whole nutha level.
They are now part of Yum! Brands, Inc., which is the world's largest restaurant system with over 32,500 KFC, A&W All-American Food™,Taco Bell, Long John Silver's and Pizza Hut restaurants in more than 100 countries and territories.
KFC job benefits from Yum brands
- Wellness/Energy program including on-site health and fitness center, fitness classes, dedicated personal trainers, weight management and nutrition programs, company-sponsored recreational sports, walking trail and on-site massage therapy.
- Comprehensive health care benefits, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision/hearing, life, accident and disability insurance
- Bonus and Incentive Programs that reward you for your contributions to the business
- 401(k) Savings Plan with a 6% matching contribution from Yum!
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation
- Flexible Hours including work from home arrangements, job sharing, summer and holiday hours
- Onsite child care at all Restaurant Support Center locations
- Same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Legal services through our Group Legal Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Awards
- Employee Assistance Program
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Mentoring Programs
- Yum! Foundation Matching Gift Program
- Company Softball, Tennis and Basketball Teams
KFC is always looking to hire more members to their family. They got jobs for people looking for a flexible work schedule, people who need a second job, and people who want to continue work after retirement/senior jobs. So, if you're looking to join a winning team, find out why Life Tastes Better with KFC.